The Expectations to Experience podcast is all about helping listeners understand exactly what is a customer experience. Through your success as an entrepreneur, we are excited to share your story to help listeners with ideas, insights and inspiration.
Please be open and transparent with your stories as listeners are inspired by journeys because is helps show them that they can produce a level of success no matter where they currently are.
Introduction – I will introduce you using the information you provided in your bio and welcome you to the show. After I welcome you, I will ask you to tell us a little more about yourself, your business and what led you to start your business.
We are all about customer experiences on this show, and our listeners want to give their customers the best experience possible. I will ask you what is your definition of a customer experience and can you share a story with us of an experience you have had and have told time and time again.
Below are some of the questions I will ask. They are not in particular order as we will let the conversation take a natural direction, but staying focused on the customer experience.
Businesses are always talking about how the customer is changing. What is your take on that?
How do you feel that businesses have changes with their approach to customer experiences over the past 5 years.
A lot of businesses confuse customer experience with customer service. What is your take?
What’s next? As customer experience become more of a spotlight, what do you see as trends and what action steps can our listeners take today?
- We need a high-resolution photo of you that best represents you along with a bio and any other information that you would like for us to share with our listeners.
- Interview typically ranges from 20-30 minutes and are audio only on Skype.
- Please add matt.ruedlinger to your Skype contact list prior to the interview.
- Make sure you are in a quiet space where you will not be distracted.
- Prior to the interview, please turn off your phone and any notifications on your computer or laptop that may sound in the background. If some sort of sound goes off during the interview, don’t worry about it as we will keep pressing.
- At the date and time of your interview, I will call you on Skype.
- Make sure that you have a good quality microphone or Apple Earpods at a minimum.
This episode is about you and your experience. You are the star of this show, so if there is anything that you want to make sure I mentions, please let me know.